Karen needed to stay home, but I decided to go down to Georgia and visit Tahina. I had some specific goals for this weekend:
- Get the new dinghy in the water and begin the break-in process for the new Yamaha 25 hp engine.
- Drill hole to put the fuel tank for the dinghy inside the anchor locker. Needed a 1/2 inch hole for the fuel line to go through.
- Get painters (boat lines) for the dinghy. We use two so the boat can be attached between the hulls and stay in position without the dinghy motor hitting the hulls.
- Get an anchor and rode for the dinghy
- We had a problem with the water pump for the starboard heater. Try to find the problem.
- Take my brother and his family out for a sail this weekend – weather forecast looks good.
- Examine the boom derrick for the dinghy to see if it can be extended further.
I left about 9:30 from Raleigh and drove down to St. Marys. It took a good portion of the day to get there. But, I still managed to arrive before dark. I looked over the boom derrick, but could see no obvious way it could be extended. It does seem it can be unscrewed and maybe removed from the boom. I determined the size drill bit needed and bought one at the hardware store. Also bought some gasoline for the dinghy so I’d have enough for the break-in runs. Tried starting the starboard heater, but the water pump still is not working right. Had plenty of blankets, so I didn’t worry about it for tonight.