The new Google Earth 5 was released today. There’s a big summary post of some of the new ocean features at Google Earth Blog. Highlights:
- 3D ocean bathymetry and ocean surface is now shown.
- You can dive under the ocean surface to see the 3D sea floors
- You can create underwater KML and 3D models
- Recorded tours to show specific features you want people to see in Google Earth
- Lots of Ocean-related layers
- A new Ocean Expedition layer for tracking ocean expeditions!
Here is a video I created showing the new ocean features:
Expect to see this blog take advantage of many of these new features to show off our trip!