While in the hospital here in Cairns, I called UPS to find out what the heck happened to the package of my medicine that was supposed to be delivered on June 22nd. It still had not arrived. They said it came back to Brisbane because they couldn’t find the delivery location. Duh…it’s the biggest marina in Cairns, and a simple phone call would have got them directions. Unbelievable.
I gave them specific instructions of the location of the marina office (first floor above the Ferry Terminal), my phone number, and the marina’s phone number (they had these before). They said it would come on Tuesday…. Nope. I called on Wednesday (yesterday) and they said, it is in Cairns now, we will make SURE it is delivered today. Finally I get a call from the marina at 3:30 that it was delivered! I rushed over before they closed at 4 PM and picked it up. First thing I did was open the box to make sure they sent the right medicine. Thank god, it was right!
Meanwhile, some good news on Wednesday from the eye doctor. They had eliminated one of the bacteria based on my tissue culture which meant I could stop taking the most frequent, and most toxic, eye drops. As a result, I have a much less intensive medicine schedule and so was able to check out of the hospital and move to a hotel. The medical ward they had me in was a chaotic place, and not conducive to my concentrating on healing. The other good news is that my eye is slowly looking a bit better. It’s still a long way from looking normal, but better. I still have no real vision from the eye because of a large abscess in the cornea. It is still too early to determine how much, if any, vision I’ll have when the infection is eradicated.
Tahina meanwhile is still at Lizard Island. They have been experiencing high winds from the SSE for several days now. The forecast has that continuing through the weekend. Since Cairns is to the south, it is not a good idea to try to head south now. Karen and Trisha should be able to bring the boat back early next week if the current forecast is right. That would be good – especially because Trisha has to catch a flight home by the end of next week. It would also be good because I could stay on Tahina instead of in a hotel, and see my family.
Trisha has been dating a guy who works at the resort at Lizard Island. So, I think she’s plenty happy being “trapped” there at the moment.