Still Sailing Towards Darwin

We haven’t stopped since we left Gove. We are now near the Goulburn Islands and are making our way to Cape Don. There we may stop to wait for the right tides to go through the Van Diemen Gulf to get to Darwin. Apparently there is no 3G Internet along much of that route, so we won’t have Internet for the next 1-2 days.

All is well aboard Tahina. We had a delightful day today of sailing the spinnaker. We even made 7-8 knots in the afternoon winds. But, we needed to take it down in the evening because of the wind angle. Winds are light at night here and we’re having to motor sail to make decent speeds tonight. Weather has been pleasant, if a bit warm.

Will report when we get closer to Darwin. Map below shows our current position.

This entry was posted in News, Sightseeing and tagged , , . Bookmark the permalink.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *