We spent a couple hours, as usual, near the ramp while the yard staff power washed and scraped the growth on the bottoms of our hulls, rudders, saildrives and props. Then they moved us a short distance to a spot in the yard and put our keels down on wood blocks and propped us on either end.
It’s noon the next day and we have already made good progress on our first project – removing our thru-hulls to replace the corroding stainless steel ball-valves installed when Tahina was built. We will be installing new composite-material ball-valves, that won’t rust, after we finish cleaning up the thru-hull parts, and the bilges. We should be finished by tomorrow on this project.
Many, many other projects on our boat list in the coming days. I may only post a few times, and will only summarize the tally and write about the more interesting projects.