Unfortunately, back when we were traveling the east coast of the Malaysia peninsula, we developed a slow leak. It’s been forcing me to pump air into the dinghy these past few months. We attempted to find the leak, but had no luck. Finally, I heard of a good repair facility here in Phuket, Thailand. Yesterday, with the help of Michael on s/v Callisto, we dropped off the dinghy at a boat ramp where the repair outfit picked it up on a trailer and hauled it off. We are not only getting the leaks (it turned out there were 3) fixed, but are also buying a custom cover for the tube tops to protect them from further sun wear and tear in what we hope will be another couple of years of life.
If all goes well, we’ll have the boat back in 2 days from now. We’ll be “trapped” on Tahina at anchor until its ready. Although, we do have a two-person kayak so we can row our way to the nearby beach restaurants, and even catch a ride to town if needed.
Otherwise today was a mundane day of chores. We ran the generator to charge the battery bank, ran our watermaker, and ran a load of laundry and hung it up to dry. We also moved the boat a bit closer to shore to make our kayak rides shorter.