Coming Home This Week

Tahina and Crew

Tahina and Crew

We’re coming home! Tahina left North Carolina in November, 2009. And now after 45,000 nautical miles circumnavigating the Earth, some amazing adventures, a few trials and tribulations, fantastic wildlife encounters, making new wonderful friends, and building a gigantic library of memories (read this blog) – this phase of our travels is finally coming to an end. We expect to arrive in North Carolina in a few days. We’ll take a couple days to clean up the boat, and then we’ve planned to invite some friends and family to come down to Tahina near Wilmington, NC and help celebrate our return next weekend. If you’d like to come, or even if you can’t make it, drop us a note here, or on our Facebooks, or e-mail.

This entry was posted in News, Passages, Sightseeing and tagged , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

15 Responses to Coming Home This Week

1. Nancy says:

I’m sure it must be somewhat bittersweet to have your journey come to a close. I feel like I know you both as I have been following your entire journey. Since I live in Wilmington, I would love to be there to help welcome you back home. Looking forward to hearing where and when you will arrive.

2. Virginia Edwards says:

Wow! What an incredible journey and stories you two have to tell…… Hope you have smooth sailing this last leg of your trip. I have SO VERY MUCH enjoyed keeping up with you during this journey, and seeing your fantastic photography! It’s been a great ride!
    Welcome back HOME to the good old USA!

3. Barb Ford says:

Have sure enjoyed your journey…..and will miss your photos and all your wonderful experiences…Followed you thru my Atlas, so a real learning experience of this great world….Take care and best of luck in your future ventures….I live in Northern Mi. Barb

4. David L says:

Frank,
    Just a quick note to say I’ve followed your journey since before you left NC. I found a post you made on a St. Francis forum and have followed Tahina over the years.

Congratulations on completing the journey of a lifetime safely! Well done.

I suspect the US is a different country in many ways from the point in time you left. I hope your adjustment goes well.

Again, well done!

Dave

• Frank Taylor says:

Thanks David, I’m really honored you have followed our journey for so long. And thanks for the congratulations and well wishes.

5. Paul Oriente says:

It has been a fun adventure following your journey. Enjoy your last leg home and thank you for sharing with all of us. I suppose there is a bit of sadness as it comes to a close. Soon, a new season of life will begin.

• Frank Taylor says:

Thanks Paul. Thanks for following us. There is definitely some sadness that the trip is over, but we have a wealth of experiences that will forever enrich our lives.

6. Ed Cathey Jr says:

After five and a half years, congratulations on nearing the end of your journey. I don’t know if you remember me, but we met in Carolina Beach, NC when and where you prepared for your journey. (Side Note: I did a small bit of cleaning on Tahina one afternoon if you remember.) If you don’t mind, would you answering a few questions? Q1) Do you plan to return to Carolina Beach, NC (or Wrightsville Beach, NC) to ‘officially’ complete your journey? Q2) Have you already arrived in NC and where? Q3) If you haven’t arrived, do you have an ETA? Members of my boating club (Cape Fear Sail and Power Squadron) and I would be honored to welcome you and Tahina when you arrive back where it all started. Welcome Home.

7. Per Christensen says:

Thanks for a wonderfull trip around the world, Yes I woud like to be with you and welcome your home, but I live in Sweden an will read all about your party to, like I read all your other post, and have a big enjoy of reading…. So you 2 have a nice weclome party. Best regard Per Christensen